How to order VFC/VFAAR flu vaccine for the 2019-20 season
VFC and VFAAR flu vaccine is now available to order. Remember: order flu vaccine throughout the season, as you need it. Keep vaccinating patients until product expires. Additional resources:
To place your first order
- Upload your temperature logs since your last order
- Log in to PhilaVax
- Complete a reconciliation
- On the Vaccine Order page, check the box next to “Will this be an influenza order?”
- Order what your site needs for 4 to 6 weeks. Be sure that you have room in your fridge to store all of the flu vaccine and other vaccine you order.
- Check the status of your order 2 business days later in the PhilaVax IIS. Approved: your flu vaccine is on its way. Rejected: Click on view next to your order to review the notes from the VFC staff. Once all issues are resolved, resubmit your order.
To place subsequent orders
Subsequent flu vaccine orders don’t require a reconciliation, as long as you’ve completed one within 60 days.
Order flu vaccine as often as you need – there is no minimum time period between orders.
The Immunization Program will make every effort to fulfill your flu vaccine request. If the product you request is only available in limited quality, your order may be reduced and we will add a note to the comment box.
Receiving, storing, handling, and administering flu vaccine
- Flu vaccine may arrive separately from other vaccines, even if you order it at the same time. Contact us immediately if the temperature monitor indicates an out-of-range temperature when you receive the vaccines.
- Christine Wilson: 215-685-6728
- Charma Miller: 215-685-6667
- TempCheck: 215-685-6777
- The day you receive a flu vaccine order, log in to PhilaVax IIS and electronically add the doses to your inventory.