Pfizer 5-11 Vials and Expiration Dates: Label Information
Please refer to the bullets below for expiration dates and label information regarding the Pediatric Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine for children ages 5-11.Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine: 5 through 11 years formulation (orange cap)
- Formulation does NOT have expiration printed on vial
- Instead, each vial has the lot number and date of manufacture printed on the label
- Date on the label is NOT the expiration date
Pfizer DOES NOT have a tool to find expiration dates. The QR code on the label is a link to the EUA factsheet. The Pfizer pediatric formula has a 6-month expiration if held frozen at ultra-low temperature (ULT).
- Manufacturing date + 6 months = expiration date.
- eg. Vials dated 8/2021 expire the last day of 01/2022.
- The expiration date will be indicated in PhilaVax when you accept your shipment.
Storage and Handling:
Follow EUA recommendations for storage of the Pfizer 5 through 11 years formulation:
- Do NOT store in a standard freezer.
- Store in ultra-low temperature freezer below -60°C (-76°F) for up to 6 months
- Store in refrigerator between 2°C and 8°C (36°F and 46°F) for up to 10 weeks
If not used within 10 weeks, the vaccine should be discarded. Use these Beyond Use Date (BUD) labels to date the Pfizer 5-11 in your refrigerator.
Thank you for keeping Philadelphia safe and healthy. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.