How to order VFC/VFAAR flu vaccine for the 2020-21 season!
Please note, all flu vaccine from the 2019-2020 season must be accounted for before you can order flu for the 2020-2021 season. Guidance on accounting for remaining doses can be found here.
To place your first flu order…
- Complete a reconciliation. (If its been less then 2 weeks since your last reconciliation, email Christine and Charma to skip this step)
- Submit your temperature data since your last order.
- Upload the CSV file into PhilaVax and email the LTD file to TempCheck@Phila.gov
- On the Vaccine Order page check the “Will this be an influenza order?” box.
- Order what your site needs for a 4 to 6-week period. Be sure that you have room in your fridge to store all of the flu and other vaccine you order.
- Check the status of your order 2 business days later in the PhilaVax IIS:
- APPROVED: Your flu vaccine is on its way.
- REJECTED: Click on view next to your order to review the notes from the VFC staff. Once all issues have been resolved, resubmit your order.
For additional flu orders, start with step 2. Additional flu orders do not require a completed reconciliation as long as a reconciliation has been completed in the last 60 days. Flu vaccine can be ordered as often as needed. There is no minimum time period between orders.
The Immunization Program will make every effort to fulfill your flu vaccine request. If flu product is available in limited quantity, your order may be reduced. If your order is reduced, a note will be added to the PhilaVax IIS comment box on the order page.
Flu vaccine may arrive separately from other vaccines even when ordered at the same time. The day you receive your flu order, log into PhilaVax IIS and electronically add the doses to your inventory. Contact us immediately if the temperature monitor indicates an out-of-range temperature when vaccines are delivered:
- 8/17/2020 – Pediatric Flu Vaccine is Available to Order! A supply of FluLaval pre-filled syringes is now available to order for your VFC patients. In order to allow as many sites as possible to access flu vaccine at this time, initial orders will be limited to a max of 500 doses. Orders may be reduced based on usage in past years.
- 8/20/2020 – A supply of FluMist intranasal sprayers is now available to order for your VFC patients.
- 9/14/2020 – Adult Flu Vaccine is Available to Order! A supply of Fluarix and Flucelvax pre-filled syringes and Flumist intranasal sprayers is now available to order for your VFAAR patients.
- 9/21/2020 – FluZone, prefilled syringes and multi-dose vials (MDVs), is now available to order for your VFC patients.
Thank you for keeping Philadelphia healthy by fighting flu! For more information about influenza in Philadelphia, visit our flu hub.