COVID-19 Vaccine Wastage Guidance
The CDC requires that all wastage is reported by COVID-19 vaccine providers. Please click on the link below to report daily wastage:
- Both punctured and unpunctured vials
- Opening a vial and, for example, only using one-two doses
- Not being able to draw up the total number of doses due to needle type or drawing technique
- Vials expiring past the manufacturer expiration date or Beyond Use Date (BUD)
- Vials that are stored improperly or no longer viable (i.e., cold chain excursions) that need to be disposed of
Expired doses should also be discarded as biomedical waste.
Wastage Reporting Table:
Thank you for keeping Philadelphia safe and healthy. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.