CDC Recommends Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine for 5-11 Year Olds
Today, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) endorsed the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ (ACIP) recommendation that children ages 5 to 11 years old be vaccinated against COVID-19 with the Pfizer-BioNTech pediatric vaccine. The Philadelphia Department of Public Health (PDPH) asks all providers to begin vaccinating patients in this group as soon as possible.
All sites must finish ordering pediatric vaccine by 5PM today to ensure delivery next week. All pediatric orders must be submitted with a temperature log and closed reconciliation. If you are having trouble ordering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order doses for your 5-11-year-old patients:
- Complete our interest survey
- Complete a reconciliation
- Submit your temperature data
- Submit an order for the 5-11 patient doses in PhilaVax. Presentation is entered as “Pfizer COVID19 MRNA 5-11 years of age 10mcg/0.2ml”
- Order minimum of 300 doses and must be in mutiples of 300 (ie. 300, 600, etc)
All steps must be completed by Wednesday November 3rd at 5pm.
Please note: Approved sites will be able to order Pfizer’s 5-11 Pediatric COVID-19 Vaccine each week. Sites will not need to order overstock.
Have questions about Pfizer’s new formula? Need assistance with the reconciliation process or completing the survey? You can contact us at CovidProviders@phila.gov!
Thank for you helping keep Philadelphia safe and healthy! Together we can stop COVID-19!