Update Your Vaccine Management Plan Today!
Summer means storm season, and to help you be prepared, we’ve created a new Vaccine Management Plan.
It has all the information you need to:
- Store your vaccine safely.
- Respond to an emergency.
- Transport your vaccine during an emergency.
Don’t wait until the storm, comes take action today:
- Review the document with all the staff that works with VFC, VFAAR, or COVID vaccine at your site.
- Gather the supplies indicated on pages 14-17 of the document.
- Fill out the information on the first page of the document.
- Fax (215-238-6948) or email (TempCheck@phila.gov) a copy to our office by Friday, August 12th.
- Post the full document on your vaccine storage unit.
- You can print a copy today or keep an eye out for a copy in the mail this week!
Make sure your site’s backup storage locations are appropriate for vaccine storage:
- Doctor’s offices freezer compartment of combination units
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Approved Unit at Another Clinic
- Not Approved
- Personal Home Freezers
- Personal Deep Freezers
- Freezer Compartment of a Combination Unit
- Storage Containers with Dry Ice
Have questions? Reach out to our team at TempCheck@phila.gov for assistance.