How to Order VFC/VFAAR Flu Vaccine 2021-22
Please note, all flu vaccine from the 2020-2021 season must be accounted for before you can order flu for the 2021-2022 season. Guidance on accounting for remaining doses can be found here.
To place your first flu order…
1. Complete a reconciliation. (If it’s been less than 2 weeks since your last reconciliation, email Christine and Charma to skip this step)
2. Submit your temperature data since your last order.
3. On the Vaccine Order page check the “Will this be an influenza order?” box.
4. Order what your site needs for a 4 to 6-week period. Be sure that you have room in your fridge to store all the flu and other vaccine you order.
5. Check the status of your order 2 business days later in the PhilaVax IIS:
- APPROVED: Your flu vaccine is on its way.
- REJECTED: Click on view next to your order to review the notes from the VFC staff. Once all issues have been resolved, resubmit your order.
For additional flu orders, start with step 2. Additional flu orders do not require a completed reconciliation if a reconciliation has been completed in the last 60 days. Flu vaccine can be ordered as often as needed. There is no minimum time between orders.
The Immunization Program will make every effort to fulfill your flu vaccine request. If flu product is available in limited quantity, your order may be reduced. If your order is reduced, a note will be added to the PhilaVax IIS comment box on the order page.
Flu vaccine may arrive separately from other vaccines even when ordered at the same time. The day you receive your flu order, log into PhilaVax IIS and electronically add the doses to your inventory. Contact us immediately if the temperature monitor indicates an out-of-range temperature when vaccines are delivered:
Check our Flu updates section, for updates throughout the flu season.
9/2/21– FluMist intranasal sprayers and Fluzone multidose vials are now available to order for your VFC patients.
9/2/21– A supply of FluLaval pre-filled syringes for your VFAAR patients is now available to order.
8/23/2021 – Pediatric Flu Vaccine is Available to Order! A supply of FluLaval pre-filled syringes is now available to order for your VFC patients. To allow as many sites as possible to access flu vaccine at this time, initial orders may be reduced.
7/26/2021 – These are the vaccines that will be available for the 2021-2022 flu season.
Contact Christine Wilson at 215.685.6728 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Charma Miller at 215.685.6667 or email@example.com for assistance.
Thank you for keeping Philadelphia healthy by fighting flu! For more information about influenza in Philadelphia, visit our flu page.